이중에너지 전산화단층촬영을 이용한 폐경기 전후 여성의 척추해면골 골무기물함량 측정
- Other Titles
- Spinal Trabecular Bone Mineral Density Measured with Dual Energy Quantitative CT in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women
- 우영훈; 김홍; 김정만; 서수지; 이성문; 김정식; 전석길; 최태진
- Dept. of Medical Biophysics Engineering (의공학과); Dept. of Radiology (영상의학); Dept. of Nuclear Medicine (핵의학)
- Issue Date
- Keimyung Medical Journal, Vol.11(2) : 273-278, 1992
- The rate of bone loss may accelerate near the time of menopause and continue for several years. Women with low baseline bone mass and women who are fast bone losers are potentially at risk for early spinal osteoporosis.
Bone mineral analysis plays an important role in both detecting and managing osteoporosis and other forms of metabolic bone disease.
Dual energy quantitative computed tomography affords more accurate determination of bone mineral density, independent of fat and water variation, and selective measurement of trabecular bone provides a more sensitive means of quantifying changes in metabolic bone disease.
The measurement of bone mineral density of L-1 and L-2 vertebral bodies were done in 59 Korean women by dual energy(96, 125Kvp) quantitative CT. An elliptical region of interest was located in the anterior trabecular portion of the each vertebral body. And then L*BMD(L-1+L-2 BMD)/2) is calculated.
The results were as follows:
A correlation coefficient between L1 BMD and L2 BMD was statistically significant (r=0.75, p<0.05), and then close correlation was found.
A significant inverse correlation between the BMD and age was demonstrated in postmenopausal women but no correlation was found in premenopausal women.
A P-values for age, menopause and age-menopause interaction are 0.226, 0.005 and 0.420 respectively. And then menopause is more important factor than age.
Both menopause and age are related with BMD, but there is no cross relationship between age and BMD.
We propose the standard pre- and postmenopausal Korean women BMD.
- Bone mineral; Computed tomography; Dual energy
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Medical Biophysics Engineering (의공학과)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Nuclear Medicine (핵의학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
2. Keimyung Medical Journal (계명의대 학술지) > 1992
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 우영훈; 김홍; 서수지; 이성문; 김정식; 전석길; 최태진
- File in this Item
- 11-273.pdf(327.47 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)