갑상선 호르몬의 자가항체에 의한 갑상선 호르몬(T3)의 비정상적인 상승의 1례
- Other Titles
- A Case of
Abnormal Elevation of T3 by Anti-T3 Autoantibodies
- 신동우; 이인규; 류성열; 권기민; 황준영; 이상준
- Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
- Issue Date
- Keimyung Medical Journal, Vol.18(4) : 532-539, 1999
- Anti-thyroid hormone autoantibodies were reported in the Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Graves' disease, thyroid cancer and other thyroid diseases. Most of these autoantibodies are IgG. Immunologically, the thyroid hormone can be considered hapten and as such are unable to induced antibody production. But thyroid hormone can present to the immune system when this hapten is coupled with carrier protein such as thyroglobulin.
Anti-thyroid hormone autoantibodies in serum will give falsely high or low thyroid hormone values in radioimmunossays. When the methods based upon absorption of free thyroid hormone or precipitation of all hormone-antibody complex are used, low values in favor of hypothyroidism will be found, whereas high values will be obtained with double-antibody of solid-phase technics.
When these autoantibodies bind with thyriod hormone, abnormal elevation or decreased titers of thyroid hormone is seen in radiommunoassay. The interference gives clinicians inappropriate information about the patient's thyroid status. As a result, patients may receive unnecessary treatment from physicians who are unaware of the presence of the autoantibody.
We report a case of abnormal elevation of T3 and TSH by anti-T3 autoantibodies in the serum of hypothyroid patient with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Anti-thyroid hormone
autoantibody; Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
2. Keimyung Medical Journal (계명의대 학술지) > 1999
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 류성열; 이인규
- File in this Item
- 18-532.pdf(411.39 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)