유방암에 있어서 ER, PR, P53, c-erbB-2 및 PCNA 단백발현과 병리학적 소견과의 상관성 및 예후와의 관계
- Other Titles
- Prognostic Significance
and Relation of Pathologic Feature of ER; PR; P53;c-erbB-2;PCNA Expression in Breast Cancer
- 정기용; 강구정; 손창용
- Dept. of Surgery (외과학)
- Issue Date
- Keimyung Medical Journal, Vol.19(1) : 69-82, 2000
- Several potential prognostic factors are available for patients with breast cancer, and many more have been identified and studied. The prognostic factors including age, tumor size, axillary lymph node metastasis, stage of the tumor have been reported as useful prognostic factors.
The purpose of this study was to evaluate for correlation between classical prognostic factors and steroid receptors, p53, c-erbB-2, PCNA (proliferating cell nuclear antigen).
We analysed 64 cases of breast cancer patients who had been treated during January 1987 to December 1989 and currently followed up at the Department of General Surgery, Keimyung University. The paraffin blocks of 64 breast cancer patients were stained with monoclonal antibodies specific for steroid receptors, p53, c-erbB-2, PCNA.
The positive rate of special stain for estrogen receptor was 23.3%, progesterone receptor; 46.6%, p53; 40.6%, c-erbB-2; 22.8%, and PCNA; 92.2%. The stages of the tumor was negatively related to progesterone receptor concentration(p=0.03). p53 positive rate of younger patient (below 50 years) was higher than older (above 50 years). But, no relationship was observed between c-erbB-2 and PCNA and other classical prognostic indicators. The survival rate was higher in patients with positive estrogen receptor patients(p=0.02) and c-erbB-2 negative patients(p=0.01).
We suggest that estrogen receptor and c-erbB-2 are useful prognostic indicators for survival of breast cancer patients who have received adjuvant chemotherapies.
- Breast cancer; Prognostic factor; ER; PR; P53; C-erbB-2; PCNA
- Appears in Collections:
- 2. Keimyung Medical Journal (계명의대 학술지) > 2000
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 정기용; 강구정
- File in this Item
- 19-69.pdf(1.01 MB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)