광범위 음경파라핀종: 음낭피부편 및 전완부 유리피판을 이용한 음경성형술
- 광범위 음경파라핀종: 음낭피부편 및 전완부 유리피판을 이용한 음경성형술
- Other Titles
- Extensive Penile Paraffinoma: Treatment by Penoplasty Using Various Scrotal Flaps and Radial Forearm Free Flap
- Jae Sik Yoon; Choal Hee Park; Dong Won Choi; 윤재식; 박철희; 최동원
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 최동원; 박철희
- Dept. of Plastic Surgery (성형외과학); Dept. of Urology (비뇨기과학)
- Penile paraffinoma; Penoplasty; Radial forearm free flap; Scrotal flap
- Issue Date
- School of Medicine
- 대한남성과학회지, Vol.17(1) : 51-56, 1999
- Purpose : There is no single method of choice for penoplasty in extensive penile paraffinoma, and surgeons must choose a suitable method according to the condition of each individual patient. Herein, we present 19 cases of extensive penile paraffinoma treated with various scrotal flaps or a new method involving a radial forearm free flap.
patients and methods: We reviewed the 19 cases of penile paraffinoma, which affected the whole penile skin with or without involvement of the scrotum and prepubic soft tissue and treated with various scrotal flaps and a new method using radial forearm free flap.
result : After complete excision of the paraffinoma, the denuded penis was covered with and advancement scrotal flap in 6 cases, a transpositional scrotal flap in 5 cases, an “apron” acrotal flap in 4 cases, and a bipedicle scrotal flap in 3 cases. Because of his underdeveloped scrotum, a new technique, radial forearm free-flap penoplasty, was done in one patient with Klinefelter’s syndrome. The postperative results were satisfactory in all except six cases. One of these was managed by a secondary full-thickness skin graft for partial scrotal flap necrosis, and the others were managed by secondary simple repair for wound disruption and infection. All patients were satisfied with the cosmetic and functional results of the scrotal flap.
Conclusion: Because of their great elasticity, scrotal flaps are extremely advantageous for the repair of an extensively denuded penis. A radial foream free flap, perhaps including the subcutaneous tissue, a long vascular pedicle, and less hair, is an alternative method when a scrotal flap is not available. Its biggest drawback is the unpleasant appearance of the donor site, which is closed with a split-thickness skin graft.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. 연구논문 > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Plastic Surgery (성형외과학)
1. 연구논문 > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Urology (비뇨기과학)
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)