우측 이하선에 발생한 Pleomorphic Adenoma의 외과적 치험례
- 우측 이하선에 발생한 Pleomorphic Adenoma의 외과적 치험례
- Other Titles
- Report of a Case of Pleomorphic Adenoma of the Parotid Gland
- 이용오; 문선혜; 오덕환
- Issue Date
- Keimyung University School of Medicine
- Keimyung Medical Journal, Vol.4(1) : 99~105, 1985
- Pleomorphic adenoma is the most common tumor of the major salivary gland, which most often involves the superficial portion of the parotid gland lateral to the facial nerve.
This is a case report of a 33-year-old Korean male with a diagnosis of pleomorphic adenoma in the right parotid gland. Chief complaint of the patient was slow, progressive growing mass without pain in the right parotid region.
Surgical excision is the treatment of choice. And adequate surgical removal must be performed with preservation of the facial nerve and all its branches. Operative technique of the parotid gland tumor were grouped into three categories as excisional biopsy’ supraneural parotidectomy and total parotidectomy. We treated the patient by excision of a tumor with a surrounding area of parotid tissue, while preserving facial nerve by using VARI-STIM III electric nerve locator.
The enucleated tumor mass was 4.0X3. 5X2.5cm in size and the final diagnosis was obtained by biopsy of excised tumor mass.
2.5 years foHow up evaluation shows good prognosis and no evidence of recurrence and Frey syndrome.
- Appears in Collections:
- 학술지 > 1985
- Files in This Item:
- 4-99.pdf(510.73 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)