한 대학병원에서 급성 폐색전증으로 진단된 환자들의 임상적 특성 및 예후
- Other Titles
- Acute Pulmonary Embolism: Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes in a University Teaching Hospital
- 채진녕; 최원일; 박지혜; 노병학; 김재범
- Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학); Dept. of Radiology (영상의학); Dept. of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery (흉부외과학)
- Issue Date
- Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Vol.68(3) : 140-145, 2010
- Background: Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a common clinical problem in the West that is associated with substantial
morbidity and mortality. The diagnostic modality has been changed since 2001. This study retrospectively reviewed
the PE mortality with the aim of identifying the risk factors associated with mortality since the multidetector
computed tomography (MDCT) was introduced.
Methods: We analyzed 105 patients with acute PE proven by multidetector CT or ventilation perfusion scan. The
primary outcome measure was the all-cause mortality at 3 months. The prognostic effect of the baseline factors
on survival was assessed by multivariate analysis.
Results: The main risk factors were prolonged immobilization, stroke, cancer and obesity. Forty nine percent of
patients had 3 or more risk factors. The overall mortality at 3 months was 18.1%. Multivariate analysis revealed
low diastolic blood pressure and the existence of cancer to be independent factors significantly associated with
mortality. Forty two PE patients were examined for the coagulation inhibitors. Four of these patients had a protein
C deficiency (9.5%), and 11 had a protein S deficiency (26%).
Conclusion: PE is an important clinical problem with a high mortality rate. Close monitoring may be necessary
in patients with the risk factors.
Key Words: Pulmonary Embolism; Venous Thrombosis; Prognosis; Risk Factors; Thrombophilia
- Pulmonary Embolism; Venous Thrombosis; Prognosis; Risk Factors; Thrombophilia
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery (흉부외과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 최원일; 노병학; 김재범
- File in this Item
- oak-aaa-5114.pdf(341.45 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)