Multi-center study regarding the risk factors for bleeding in gastrointestinal stromal tumor
- Park KS; Huh KC; Hwang I; Kwon JH; Kwon JG; Kim GH; Shin JE; Kim ES; Cho KB
- Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학); Dept. of Pathology (병리학); Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
- Issue Date
- Hepato-gastroenterology, Vol.60(122) : 235-239, 2012
In spite of several case reports about gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) complicated with hemorrhage, study regarding the risk factors of bleeding in this tumor is scanty. Therefore, we analyzed the clinical characteristics of bled GISTs and tried to find risk factors of bleeding by comparing with non-bled cases.
Medical records of 49 bled GIST cases from 5 university hospitals in Korea between year 2001 to 2010 were compared with 96 non-bled cases. Whole pathological slides were reviewed by an experienced pathologist.
Female predominance (58.6%) was noted and the mean age of the included patients was 58.4±13.1 years. In univariate analysis, location of jejunum, prolonged prothrombin time, presence of surface dimpling in CT, cellular pleomorphism and positivity of S100 was significantly dominant in the bled cases. Multivariate analysis showed significant differences in the location of jejunum (p=0.004, OR=3.533), prolonged prothrombin time (p=0003, OR=19.643), presence of surface dimpling (p=0.026, OR=6.250) in CT, and positivity of S100 (p=0.001, OR=12.941).
Location of jejunum, prolonged prothrombin time, presence of surface dimpling in CT, and positivity of S100 are independent risk factors associated with bleeding in GI GIST patients.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Pathology (병리학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 박경식; 김은수; 조광범; 황일선; 권중혁
- Full Text
- File in this Item
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)