경직성 편마비 환자의 손 기능 향상을 위한 Botulinum Toxin A 치료
- Other Titles
- Botulinum Toxin A Treatment for the Improvement of Hand Function in Spastic Hemiplegia
- Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학)
- Issue Date
- 대한재활의학회지, Vol.23(2) : 240-246, 1999
- Objective: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effects of intramuscular botulinum toxin
A injection for the improvement of hand function in spastic hemiplegia.
Method: We have studied 8 patients with spastic hemiplegia. Botulinum toxin A was injected
into target muscles with electromyographic guidance. Before injection, muscle activity patterns
were evaluated by dynamic electromyography. Follow-up assessments were performed at three
months after injection.
Results: There were continuous activity patterns in all dynamic electromyography of target
muscles. Dynamic electromyography of antagonist muscles in five patients showed normal phasic
activity pattern but it showed absent pattern in other three patients. Mean modified Ashworth
scale decreased significantly after injection. There were an improvement in functional
classification and a significant increase of mean scores of unilateral hand skills after injection
in patients with normal phasic pattern of antagonist muscles.
Conclusion: Botulinum toxin A can improve the impaired hand movement and function in
spastic hemiplegia by reducing spasticity and contracture of the target muscles in cases of normal
phasic activity in antagonist muscles and continuous activity in target muscles.
- Botulinum toxin A; Spastic hemiplegia; Hand function; Dynamic electromyography
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- File in this Item
- oak-bbb-3447.pdf(204.03 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)