대뇌 피질하 뇌졸중 환자의 손 운동 회복에 대한 기능적 뇌 자기공명영상 소견
- Other Titles
- Functional MRI in the Recovery of Hand Movement after Subcortical Stroke
- 박기영; 이소영; 이상도; 손철호; 한봉수
- Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학); Dept. of Neurology (신경과학); Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
- Issue Date
- 대한재활의학회지, Vol.25(6) : 907-915, 2001
- Objective: To investigate cortical reorganization of the brain during voluntary activities of the
hand in patients with subcortical cerebral infarction.
Method: Twelve patients with first-ever subcortical brain lesion causing hemiparesis had been
evaluated with functional MRI. Bilateral hand clenching was done to test voluntary hand activities.
Recovery period ranged from 2 to 36 months.
Results: During the unaffected hand movement, activation of contralateral primary sensorimotor
cortex (SMC) were recorded in all cases and supplmentary motor area (SMA) in 1 case.
The affected hand movement showed activation of the cotralateral SMC in all cases, ipsilateral
SMC in 4 cases, SMA in 4 cases and contralateral prefrontal area in 2 cases. As for the
contralateral SMC, affected hand movement showed more increased activation than the
unaffected. For the bilateral SMC activation during movement of the affected hand, contralateral
SMC activation was greater than the ipsilateral.
Conclusion: Ipsilateral activation of the SMC, SMA, prefrontal area and increased activation
of the contralateral SMC during affected hand movement suggest that these may play an important
role in the reorganization of sensory and motor system in stroke patients with subcortical lesion.
Functional MRI studies of patients who recovered from subcortical stroke provide evidence for
several process that may be related to restoration of neurologic function.
- Functional MRI; Subcortical stroke; Reorganization; Restoration of neurologic function
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Neurology (신경과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 박기영; 이소영; 이상도; 손철호
- File in this Item
- oak-bbb-3470.pdf(242.02 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)