대상포진 통증에 대한 Botulinum Toxin A의 효과
- Other Titles
- Effect of Botulinum Toxin A on Acute and Chronic Pain in Herpes Zoster Patients
- 한길; 김수현; 이규석; 조재위
- Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Issue Date
- 대한피부과학회지, Vol.52(12) : 845-850, 2014
- Background: Many strategies are currently used to reduce herpes zoster pain, such as opioid analgesic administration and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. However, a more effective and convenient method to reduce
herpes zoster pain is needed. Objective: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin A in patients with herpes zoster pain.
Methods: Seventy-five patients with herpes zoster pain were enrolled. We reviewed the medical records and divided the patients into three groups according to the treatment they received: standard treatment with botulinum toxin A,
standard treatment only, and standard treatment with normal saline injection. Data on patients' age, sex, involved dermatome, and the duration and severity of pain evaluated with the visual analogue scale (VAS) were collected.
Botulinum toxin A (1 unit/1 cm2, total 10∼20 units) was injected intradermally, and the patients were evaluated on initial visit, and at 1 and 28 days after injection.
Results: In concordance with previous studies, this study showed that botulinum toxin A had a rapid and considerable effect on reducing both acute and postherpetic pain. The mean VAS was 6.96 on initial visit, 2.90 after
1 day, and 2.03 after 28 days in the botulinum toxin injection group. This result was statistically significant (p＜0.001) when compared with the standard treatment group and the standard treatment with normal saline injection
group. Few adverse effects were observed. Conclusion: Intradermal injection of botulinum toxin A is an effective and safe method for reducing pain in patients with herpes zoster.
- Botulinum toxin A; Herpes zoster pain; Postherpetic neuralgia
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 이규석; 조재위
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)