자외선 B 조사한 HaCaT 세포에서 세포자멸사 관련 유전자 발현
- Other Titles
- Expression of Apoptosis Related Genes from HaCaT Cell after UVB Irradiation
- 강민철; 이규석
- Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Issue Date
- 대한피부과학회지, Vol.47(7) : 790-797, 2009
- Background: Ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation is a major harmful environmental factor causing cutaneous changes
such as sunburn, skin aging and skin cancer. Excessive UVB irradiation induces apoptosis of keratinocytes through
several molecular pathways. However, the precise molecular mechanisms have been underinvestigated.
Objective: The purpose of this study was to investigate expression levels of apoptosis-related genes in UVBirradiated
HaCaT ketratinocyte cell lines.
Methods: Cells were irradiated by UVB at various doses (0, 100, 200 and 400 mJ/cm2). Expression levels of
caspases, Bax, Bcl2, and Bcl-XL were confirmed by RT-PCR analysis and western blotting.
Results: Expression of cytochrome C was increased followed by activation of caspase-3, 8 and 9 in UVB-irradiated
HaCaT cells. Furthermore, the expression of Bcl-XL was decreased from UVB 200 mJ/cm2 and Bcl2 was decreased
weakly from UVB 400 mJ/cm2, implying that the expression of Bcl-XL is more sensitive to UVB. Interestingly, the
down-regulation of Bcl-XL may be mediated by proteasome dependent pathways.
Conclusion: Excessive UVB-irradiated HaCaT cells undergo apoptotic cell death following activation of caspases;
degradation of Bcl-XL is particularly sensitive to UVB.
- Apoptosis related genes; HaCaT cell; UVB
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)