Comparison of failure patterns between tubular breast carcinoma and invasive ductal carcinoma (KROG 14-25)
- Won Kyung Cho; Doo Ho Choi; Jieun Lee; Won Park; Yong Bae Kim; Chang-Ok Suh; Kyung Hwan Shin; Seung Hyuck Jeon; Kyubo Kim; Kyung Ran Park; Jin Hee Kim; Sung Ja Ahn; Won Sup Yoon; Dae Sik Yang; Juree Kim; Jong Hoon Lee; Ji Woon Yea
- Dept. of Radiation Oncology (방사선종양학)
- Issue Date
- Breast, Vol.38() : 165-170, 2018
Information on tubular carcinoma (TC) of breast is limited due to its rarity. A multi-institutional study was performed to investigate the prognosis and failure patterns of TC compared to invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC).
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
We collected retrospective data on 205 patients with TC from eleven institutions. For each TC case, 3 cases with IDC were matched according to similar size, t-stage, and n-stage from the same institution. Patterns of failure, disease free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) were assessed and compared between the groups.
DFS at 5 years was 98.8% and 97.3% and OS at 5 years was 99.5% and 99.6% in TC and IDC, respectively. Among the patients with TC, 5 patients (2.4%) developed contralateral breast cancer, while 3 patients (0.5%) presented with contralateral breast cancer in patients with IDC.
The TC of breast presents an excellent prognosis, but the contralateral breast cancer tends to be more frequently observed compared to IDC in Korean women.
- Breast cancer; Radiotherapy; Tubular carcinoma
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiation Oncology (방사선종양학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)