Racial Differences in Expression Levels of miRNA Machinery-Related Genes, Dicer, Drosha, DGCR8, and AGO2, in Asian Korean Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma and Comparative Validation Using the Cancer Genome Atlas.
- Jaegil Kim; Woo-Jae Park; Kwang-Joon Jeong; Sun Hee Kang; Sun Young Kwon; Shin Kim; Jong-Wook Park
- Dept. of Immunology (면역학); Dept. of Surgery (외과학); Dept. of Pathology (병리학)
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Genomics, Vol.2017() : 5789769-5789769, 2017
- Aberrant regulation of microRNA (miRNA) machinery components is associated with various human cancers, including papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC), which is the most common type of thyroid cancer, and a higher prevalent female malignancy. The purpose of this study is to investigate racial differences in mRNA expression levels of four miRNA machinery components, Dicer, Drosha, DGCR8, and AGO2, and their correlations with clinicopathological characteristics. Forty PTC samples from female Asian Korean PTC patients were enrolled. Using qPCR, we examined mRNA expression levels of the components and next validated our results by comparison with results of female white American in the TCGA PTC project. Interestingly, mRNA expression levels of the selected factors were altered in the TCGA PTC samples. However, only Drosha showed a significantly lower expression level in Asian Korean PTC samples. Furthermore, the mRNA expression levels of the four components showed no association with clinicopathological characteristics in both groups. On the other hand, positive correlations were observed between altered mRNA expression levels of Dicer and Drosha and DGCR8 and Drosha in TCGA PTC samples. These findings collectively revealed that altered mRNA expression levels of miRNA machinery components might be responsible for racial differences in the carcinogenesis of PTC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Immunology (면역학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Pathology (병리학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 박종욱; 강선희; 권선영; 김신
- File in this Item
- oak-2018-0914.pdf(1.61 MB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)