Validation of the Korean Version of the Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep
- Young-Hee Sung; Hee Jin Kim; Seong-Beom Koh; Joong-Seok Kim; Sang Jin Kim; Sang-Myung Cheon; Jin Whan Cho; Yoon-Joong Kim; Hyeo-Il Ma; Mee Young Park; Jong Sam Baik; Phil Hyu Lee; Sun Ju Chung; Jong-Min Kim; In-Uk Song; Han-Joon Kim; Ji-Young Kim; Do Young Kwon; Jae-Hyeok Lee; Jee-Young Lee; Ji Seon Kim; Ji Young Yun; Jin Yong Hong; Mi-Jung Kim; Jinyoung Youn; Ji Sun Kim; Eung Seok Oh; Hui-Jun Yang; Won Tae Yoon; Sooyeoun You; Kyum-Yil Kwon; Hyung-Eun Park; Su-Yun Lee; Younsoo Kim; Hee-Tae Kim; Tae-Beom Ahn
- Dept. of Neurology (신경과학)
- Issue Date
- Journal of Korean Medical Science, Vol.33(2) : e14-e14, 2018
Sleep problems commonly occur in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD), and are associated with a lower quality of life. The aim of the current study was to translate the English version of the Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep (SCOPA-S) into the Korean version of SCOPA-S (K-SCOPA-S), and to evaluate its reliability and validity for use by Korean-speaking patients with PD.
In total, 136 patients with PD from 27 movement disorder centres of university-affiliated hospitals in Korea were enrolled in this study. They were assessed using SCOPA, Hoehn and Yahr Scale (HYS), Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (UPDRS), Parkinson's Disease Sleep Scale 2nd version (PDSS-2), Non-motor Symptoms Scale (NMSS), Montgomery Asberg Depression Scale (MADS), 39-item Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire (PDQ39), Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension Questionnaire (NOHQ), and Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behaviour Disorder Questionnaire (RBDQ). The test-retest reliability was assessed over a time interval of 10-14 days.
The internal consistency (Cronbach's α-coefficients) of K-SCOPA-S was 0.88 for nighttime sleep (NS) and 0.75 for daytime sleepiness (DS). Test-retest reliability was 0.88 and 0.85 for the NS and DS, respectively. There was a moderate correlation between the NS sub-score and PDSS-2 total score. The NS and DS sub-scores of K-SCOPA-S were correlated with motor scale such as HYS, and non-motor scales such as UPDRS I, UPDRS II, MADS, NMSS, PDQ39, and NOHQ while the DS sub-score was with RBDQ.
The K-SCOPA-S exhibited good reliability and validity for the assessment of sleep problems in the Korean patients with PD.
- Parkinson's Disease; SCOPA-Sleep; Scales for Outcomes in Parkinson's Disease-Sleep; Validation
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Neurology (신경과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- File in this Item
- oak-2018-1251.pdf(930.45 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)