단일 기관에서 시행한 피부과 전문의에 대한 인식도 조사
- Other Titles
- Public Perception of Dermatologists: A Single Center Surveillance
- 이준범; 오병호; 류영욱; 김성애
- Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Issue Date
- 대한피부과학회지, Vol.55(8) : 483-489, 2017
- Background: Currently, physicians from different medical specialties treat patients' skin conditions, especially for cosmetic purposes. Although diagnosis and treatment made by non-dermatologists may sometimes be improper, many patients are unable to distinguish a non-dermatologist from a dermatologist.
Objective: The aim of this study was to evaluate public’s perception of dermatologists.
Methods: A total of 515 participants completed the online survey. The questionnaire consisted of three main parts: information regarding respondents, experience of dermatological treatments, and awareness of skin treatments performed by dermatologists, and by medical specialties.
Results: Overall, 48% of respondents were unable to distinguish a dermatologist from a non-dermatologist; however, 93% of respondents responded that they were willing to visit a dermatologist for treatment. A fair number of respondents identified dermatologists by signboards, professional biographies, and licenses. However, some nondermatologists’ signboards and biographies were considered misleading and confused patients.
Conclusion: Many patients intend to visit a dermatologist for their dermatological treatments. However, half could not distinguish dermatologists from non-dermatologists. For this reason, we underline the importance of increasing public awareness of the dermatologist’s expertise in helping patients in choosing their clinics.
- Dermatologist; Non-dermatologist; Perception; Questionnaire
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 김성애; 오병호; 류영욱
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)