Long-Term Comparison of Platinum Chromium Everolimus-Eluting Stent vs. Cobalt Chromium Zotarolimus-Eluting Stent ― 3-Year Outcomes From the HOST–ASSURE Randomized Clinical Trial ―
- Chee Hae Kim; Kyung Woo Park; Jeehoon Kang; Byoung-Eun Park; Kwang Soo Cha; Jay Young Rhew; Hui-Kyung Jeon; Eun-Seok Shin; Ju Hyeon Oh; Myung-Ho Jeong; Sanghyun Kim; Kyung-Kuk Hwang; Jung-Han Yoon; Sung Yun Lee; Tae-Ho Park; Keon Woong Moon; Hyuck-Moon Kwon; Seung-Ho Hur; Jae-Kean Ryu; Bong-Ryul Lee; Yong Whi Park; In-Ho Chae; Hyo-Soo Kim
- Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
- Issue Date
- Circulation Journal, Vol.83(7) : 1489-1497, 2019
There are limited data on the long-term outcome of platinum chromium-based everolimus-eluting stents (PtCr-EES) vs. cobalt chromium-based zotarolimus-eluting stents (CoCr-ZES).
Methods and Results;
A total of 3,755 patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) were randomized 2:1 to PtCr- EES or CoCr-ZES, and 96.0% of patients completed the 3-year clinical follow-up. The primary outcome was target lesion failure (TLF), defined as a composite of cardiac death, target vessel-related myocardial infarction (MI), and clinically-driven target lesion revascularization (TLR). At 3 years, TLF occurred in 5.3% and in 5.4% of the PtCr-EES and CoCr-ZES groups, respectively (hazard ratio 0.978; 95% confidence interval 0.730–1.310, P=0.919). There were no significant differences in the individual components of TLF. Routine angiographic follow-up was performed in 38.9% of the total patients. In a landmark analysis of the subgroup that had follow-up angiography, the clinically-driven TLR rate of CoCr-ZES was significantly higher than PtCr-EES group during the angiography follow-up period (P=0.009). Overall definite and probable stent thrombosis rates were very low in both groups (0.5% vs. 0.6%, P=0.677).
PtCr-EES and CoCr-ZES had similar and excellent long-term outcomes in both efficacy and safety after PCI in an all-comer population.
- Clinical outcome; Cobalt chromium-based zotarolimus-eluting stent; Drug-eluting stent; Percutaneous coronary intervention; Platinum chromium-based everolimus-eluting stent
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)