구순구개열 환자의 성장과 수술에 따른 시기별 교정치료
- Other Titles
- The Orthodontic Treatment of Cleft Lip and Palate Patient with Growth and Surgery
- Dept. of Dentistry (치과학)
- Issue Date
- Keimyung Medical Journal, Vol.30(1) : 157-167, 2011
- Cleft lip and/or palate (CLP) is the most common congenital deformity in the craniofacial region.
But, it is difficult to perform orthodontic treatment for cleft lip and palate patient. The normal development of maxillary bone is restrained by severe scars on upper lip and palatal region. The
rapid palatal expansion appliance was used for expansion of narrowed maxillary arch in 9-year
old boy, and the first orthodontic treatment was completed after maxillary teeth were wellaligned.
When the patient was 18 years old, he was treated by second orthodontic treatment and orthosurgery for functional and esthetic improvement of maxilla and mandible. One-year later, the dental prosthetic treatment was completed on congenital missing area of maxillary lateral tooth and additional scar revision of nose and upper lip was applied. We report a case of cleft lip and palate patient treatment using combination of orthodontic appliances and oromaxillofacial surgery.
- Cleft lip and palate; Oromaxillofacial surgery; Orthodontic appliances
- Appears in Collections:
- 2. Keimyung Medical Journal (계명의대 학술지) > 2011
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dentistry (치과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- File in this Item
- 30-157.pdf(1.17 MB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)