ComparisOn of neointimal coVerage betwEen zotaRolimus-eluting stent and everolimus-eluting stent using Optical Coherence Tomography (COVER OCT)
- Jung-Sun Kim; Byeong-Kuk Kim; Ik-Kyung Jang; Dong-Ho Shin; Young-Guk Ko; Donghoon Choi; Myeong-Ki Hong; Yun-Kyeong Cho; Chang-Wook Nam; Seung-Ho Hur; Jin-Ho Choi; Young Bin Song; Joo Yong Hahn; Seung Hyuk Choi; Hyeon Cheol Gwon; Yangsoo Jang
- Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
- Issue Date
- American Heart Journal, Vol.163(4) : 601-607, 2012
- Background Data on strut surface coverage of second-generation drug-eluting stents (DES) are limited. We investigated
stent strut coverage of resolute zotarolimus-eluting stent (ZES-R) or everolimus-eluting stent (EES) at 9 months after implantation
using optical coherence tomography (OCT).
Methods ComparisOn of neointimal coVerage betwEen zotaRolimus-eluting stent and everolimus-eluting stent using
Optical Coherence Tomography (COVER OCT) is a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial comparing ZES-R to EES using
OCT at 9 months after stent implantation. The primary end point was the rate of stent strut coverage at 9 months.
Results A total of 51 patients were randomized to receive either ZES-R (ZES-R group) or EES (EES group), and 47 stents
(24 ZES-R and 23 EES) in 44 of 51 patients were evaluated by OCT both immediately after stent implantation and at 9 months.
The neointimal thickness was not significantly different between the 2 groups at 9 months (ZES-R vs EES: 139 ± 58 vs 124 ± 42
μm, P = .31). The mean percentages of uncovered stent struts were 3.3% for ZES-R versus 3.4% for EES at 9 months (P = .51).
The proportions of malapposed struts immediately after stent implantation (P = .89) and at 9-month follow-up (P = .34) were
0.8% and 0.7% for ZES-R versus 1.0% and 0.1% for EES, respectively. Thrombi were documented in 1 stent (1 [4.2%] in ZES-R
vs 0 [0%] in EES).
Conclusion According to the sequential OCT evaluation, ZES-R and EES showed comparable neointimal thickness and
the rate of uncovered stent strut at 9 months after stent implantation. (Am Heart J 2012;163:601-7.)
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 조윤경; 남창욱; 허승호
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)