대구지역 한 대학병원 정신과를 방문한 소아 청소년 외래환자 분포의 변화
- Other Titles
- Distributional Change of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Outpatients at a University Hospital in Daegu
- 은광수; 류설영; 정철호
- Dept. of Psychiatry (정신건강의학)
- Issue Date
- 생물치료정신의학, Vol.11(1) : 78-88, 2005
- Objectives : The purpose of this study is to investigate a changing trend of child and adolescent outpatients at a university hospital in Daegu between 1984-1990 and 1999-2003.
Methods : The subjects were patients under 18 years old, who visited to outpatient child and adolescent clinic at Dongsan Medical Center, Keimyung University. There were 1,147 patients (male 782, female 365) from January 1984 to December 1990 and 1,652 patients (male 1,220, female 432) from January 1999 to December 2003. The demographic characteristics were compared between two periods, 1984-1990 and 1999-2003.
Results : The ratio of male to female changed from 2.1 : 1 in the period of 1984-1990 to 2.8 : 1 in the period of 1999-2003. The prevalent age became younger from 13-15 years old in the period of 1984-1990 to under 9 years old in the period of 1999-2003. The average ages were 8.49±4.36 years old in the period of 1984-1990 and 8.00±4.70 years old in the period of 1999-2003, 8.08±4.39 years old vs. 7.82±4.56 years old in male and 9.39±4.39 years old vs. 8.50±5.04 in female. The ratio of child and adolescent patients to total psychiatric outpatients increased from 14.7% to 19.4%. The frequency of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) and specific developmental disorder(SDD) were higher in this study than that in past study. The diagnostic distribution by age is similar between this study and past study. In male, ADHD and tic disorder were more prevalent at two studies, but in female, emotional disorder and mood disorder were prevalent in past study and mental retardation and emotional disorder in this study. There was a little difference in diagnostic distributions by age.
Conclusion : There was increment in patients under 9 years old in this study than that of past study, and ADHD and SOD were diagnosed more in the lower age group in this study than in the past study.
- Child and adolescent psychiatric outpatients; University hospital; Distributional change
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Psychiatry (정신건강의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)