도시와 읍면지역 남자 고등학생의 흡연율과 흡연 위험 인식도
- Other Titles
- The smoking rate and knowlege of smoking hazards for male high school students in urban and rural areas
- 윤용진; 권창희; 김용호; 김대현; 신동학
- Dept. of Family Medicine (가정의학)
- Issue Date
- 가정의학회지, Vol.17(10) : 877-883, 1996
- Background : It is well known that smoking is hazardous to health and could be lethal with various diseases. A family physician is in a suitable position to counsel and modify smoking be-haviors of students in the aspect of smoking prevention and health promotion. Then the authors surveyed the smoking rate and knowledge of smoking hazards for male high school students in Daegu and Kyungbuk area by location and category.
Methods : From July 1 to September 30, 1994 seven high schools in Daegu and Kyngbuk area were arbitrarily selected and one each class was recruited. 1086 students in total(657 urban students, 519 rural students) completed the questionnaires. The data were analyzed be percent-age and t-test using statiscal package SPSS/PC+.
Results : Smokers were 313 persons(29%) among total subjects. Urban smoker were 146(26%), rural smokers were 167(32%), and smokers in humane category schools were 135(22%), smokers in technical schools were 178(39%). As for the motives to smoke, 37% started smoking with curiosity, 20% started with with recommendation by friends, 15% started for resolution of stress. As for the starting age of smoking, 45% began to smoke before graduation of middle schools. As for the average smoking amount, 76% smoked less than 10 cigarettes per day. As for knowledge of smoking hazards, the subjects responded to know more about the influences on health(78%) and pulmonary diseases(79%) than the influences on cancer(46%) and cardiac diseases(32%).
Conclusion : For the high school students, the independent health education program for smoking cessation must be develped. Especially, the effects of teacher's smoking behaviors on student's behaviors should be studied more.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Family Medicine (가정의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 김대현; 신동학
- File in this Item
- oak-bbb-00384.pdf(1.87 MB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)