코골이 환자에서 무호흡-저호흡지수, 수면설문지, 구인두부 소견 및 두부 규격 방사선 계측학적 변수들의 평가
- Other Titles
- An Evaluation of Apnea-Hypopnea Index, Sleep Questionnaires, Oropharyngeal Findings and Cephalometric Parameters in Patients with Snoring
- 김현아; 조용원; 이형; 이주화; 안병훈; 서영성; 이미영; 황상희; 권대근; Hyun-Ah Kim; Yong-Won Cho; Hyung Lee; Joo-Hwa Lee; Byung-Hoon Ahn; Young-Sung Suh; Mi-Young Lee; Sang-Hee Hwang; Tae-Geon Kwon
- Dept. of Neurology (신경과학); Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology (이비인후과학); Dept. of Family Medicine (가정의학); Dept. of Preventive Medicine (예방의학); Dept. of Dentistry (치과학)
- Issue Date
- 대한신경과학회지, Vol.23(2) : 215-221, 2005
- Background: Although obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a common disorder, it often goes undiagnosed due to limited availability of the polysomnography (PSG) and a lack of interest in this condition. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between severities of obstructive sleep apnea, sleep questionnaires, oropharyngeal findings and cephalometric parameters in patients whom snore.
Methods: Fifty-seven (46 males) patients presenting snoring or other symptoms of OSA were evaluated retrospectively at the sleep disorder clinic in Keimyung University, Dongsan Medical Center were included in this study. All patients completed an overnight polysomnography, several sleep questionnaires and oropharyngic and cephalometric examinations. The sleep questionnaires included the Stanford Sleepiness Scale (SSS), Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS), Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI), and Beck Depression Inventory (BDI). The oropharyngeal examinations included tonsil grade and modified Mallampati grade.
Results: There were altogether 42 (38 male) patients diagnosed with OSA. The mean age of the patients was 42.4±12.8 years, the body mass index (BMI) was 26.1±2.7 kg/m2 and the apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) was 28.1 3±0.3. Sex difference (male), BMI, tonsil grade and some parameters of the cephalometric examination had a significant positive correlation with the AHI. However, the AHI correlated poorly with the sleep questionnaires.
Conclusions: Although tonsil grade, modified Mallampati grade and some parameters of the cephalometric examination can be utilized as a useful method to evaluate OSA, the AHI correlated poorly with self-reported sleep questionnaires. These findings suggest that the severity of sleep apnea should be quantified with both physiologic and subjective measures.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dentistry (치과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Neurology (신경과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology (이비인후과학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Family Medicine (가정의학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Preventive Medicine (예방의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 김현아; 조용원; 이형; 안병훈; 서영성; 이미영; 황상희
- File in this Item
- oak-bbb-2122.pdf(465.34 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)