요추 추간판탈출증의 척추전산화단층촬영과 척수강조영, 근전도 및 컴퓨터적외선체열촬영소견과의 비교
- Other Titles
- Comparison of CT-myelograpy, Electromyography and Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging in Lumbar Herniated Nucleus Pulposus
- 박기영; 전세일; 박창일; 임신영; 김애영; 신동배
- Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학)
- Issue Date
- 대한재활의학회지, Vol.17(1) : 42-50, 1993
- Thermograpy, which maps body surface temperature, has been proposed as a safe, economic and effective diagnostic test for lumbar radiculopathy.
This study involves the relative value of digital infrared thermographic imaging as compared to CT-myelograpy and electromyography in examination of 44 patients with low back pain who have received conservative treatment for more than 3 months after industrial accident.
The results were as follows:
1) In comparing CT-myelograpy with the electromyography and digital infrared thermographic imaging in lumbar herniated nucleus pulposus, there was a slightly better percentage of agreement between the CT-myelograpy and the electromyography(89%) than exists with digital infrared thermographic imaging.
2) Of 10 patients with specific nerve root compression due to lumbar herniated nucleus pulposus on CT-myelograpy, electromyography was abnormal in 9 patients but digital infrared thermographic imaging was abnormal in only 7 patients.
Thermography, though a simple and less invasive procedure with a potential of usefulness for detecting lumbar herniated nucleus pulposus, appears to have limitation in differentiating the exact nerve root and need to be supplemented by other electrophysiologic tests.
- Lumbar herniated nucleus pulposus; CT-myeloraphy; Electromyography; Digital infrared thermogtaphic imaging
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- File in this Item
- oak-bbb-3486.pdf(2.32 MB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)