계명대학교 의학도서관 Repository

Ultrasonography of spontaneously resolving ovarian masses

Metadata Downloads
Author(s)
Yeon Hee OhJung Sik KimHee Jung LeeSung Moon LeeHong KimSeong Ku WooJong In Kim
Keimyung Author(s)
Kim, Jung SikLee, Hee JungLee, Sung MunKim, HongWoo, Seong KuKim, Jong In
Department
Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과학)
Journal Title
대한초음파의학회지
Issued Date
1993
Volume
12
Issue
2
Abstract
To evaluate the sonographic characteristics of functional ovarian cyst with or without hemorrhage, we peformeda prospective analysis of 56 cases of benign, cystic ovarian mass that is not related to pregnancy inpremenopausal women. At least two examinations with transabdominal and/or transvaginal US were performed in allpatients over one menstrual cycle time interval . US patterns of the masses were cathgorized into 5 types : type A; anechoic, unilocular cyst, type B ; unilocular cyst with internal echoes. type C ; septated cyst, type D ;complex cyst, type E ; solid mass with posterior reenhancement. Fifty five percent (31 cases) of the massesresolved spontaneously on follow-up US examination. In these cases with spontaneous resolution, 11 cases (35.5%)were simple cyst, while the remaining 20 cases (64.5%) were hemorrhagic ovarian cysts having variable sonographicfindings of types B to E. Eleven cases with no resolution were proven surgically as endometrioma (n=4),hemorrhagic parovarian cyst (n=2), serous cystadenoma (n=2), mucinous cystadenoma (n=2), and tuboovarian abscess(n=1). Sonographic differentiation of these cases from hemorrhagic cysts was difficult. in conclusion, as thefunctional ovarian cysts, especially the hemorrhagic cysts, are common and show variable sonographic features, werecommend a follow-up US examination after on or two mentrual cycles in all premenopausal women with benign,cystic ovarian mass to eliminate unnecessary operation.
Keyword : Ovary,neoplasms
Alternative Title
추적검사상 자연소실되는 난소종괴들의 초음파소견
Keimyung Author(s)(Kor)
김정식
이희정
이성문
김홍
우성구
김종인
Publisher
School of Medicine
Citation
Yeon Hee Oh et al. (1993). Ultrasonography of spontaneously resolving ovarian masses. 대한초음파의학회지, 12(2), 194–198.
Type
Article
ISSN
1015-7085
URI
https://kumel.medlib.dsmc.or.kr/handle/2015.oak/39689
Appears in Collections:
1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과학)
1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학)
Authorize & License
  • Authorize공개
  • EmbargoForever
Files in This Item:
  • There are no files associated with this item.

Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.