의대생의 학업성적에 심리적 요인이 미치는 영향 : MMPI-2를 중심으로
- Other Titles
- Impact of Psychological Factors on the Academic Performance of Medical Students - Focused on the MMPI-2 -
- 김명훈; 정인성; 정철호; 정성원
- Dept. of Preventive Medicine (예방의학); Dept. of Psychiatry (정신건강의학)
- Issue Date
- 생물치료정신의학, Vol.22(3) : 129-136, 2016
- Objectives：The purpose of this study is to assess the relationship between the psychological characteristics and academic performance of medical students and investigate the factors that can predict academic performance.
Methods：We analyzed the mental health survey of medical students data conducted by one medical school in June 2013. Three-hundred thirty students were examined sociodemographic backgrounds and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory–2(MMPI-2) questionnaire. Then, we compared it with grade point average of the same year. Unlike previous studies, academic performance was converted to T-score in order to correct the different grades.
Results：The results showed that gender had the most powerful predictor of academic performance, where female students showed higher academic performance than male students. We used two different set of MMPI-2 scales; clinical scale measuring psychopathology and personality psychopathology five(PSY-5) scale measuring dimensional traits of personality disorders. At the MMPI-2, schizophrenia of the clinical scale and neuroticism of the personality pychopathology five scale were significantly correlated with academic performance. Among six clinical subscales of schizophrenia clinical scale, only motivation and social isolation had significant correlation with academic performance.
Conclusion：Gender, inner and external motivation, social isolation, and neuroticism are found to impact the academic performance.
- MMPI-2; Academic performance; Medical students.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Preventive Medicine (예방의학)
1. Journal Papers (연구논문) > 1. School of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Psychiatry (정신건강의학)
- Keimyung Author(s)
- 정인성; 정철호; 정성원
- Full Text
- File in this Item
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)